What do we do?
The Community Mental Health Action Plan is a vital partnership consisting of diverse stakeholders and experts from community and government. These partners are passionately invested in creating positive changes within the shared mental health system by improving system integration, the delivery of services, and the use of evidence-informed practices.
The priorities of the Community Mental Health Action Plan focus on:
- promoting positive mental health,
- ensuring Albertans can access supports during a crisis,
- and preventing a crisis from happening in the first place.
To facilitate stakeholder created, collaborative solutions to mental health system challenges.
Citizens in Edmonton and area will have access to a better coordinated mental health system that serves their needs across the whole mental health continuum.
The goals in the Action Plan are ones that stakeholders agree they can work on now within the current mental health system, and with existing resources, budgets, and collaborative networks.
The goals of the Action Plan are organized under the following three focus areas:
- System Integration: working collaboratively across sectors to share resources and increase access to the full continuum of care of mental health and wellness services.
- Service Delivery: building capacity of on the ground professionals, community members, individuals and families in navigating the mental health system.
- Evidence Foundation: encouraging the use of evidence as the foundation for actions and practices.
Thank you to our funders:
Thank you to all our partnering organizations who have provided countless hours of in-kind support in the form of expertise, leading committees, and implementing the goals and actions in the Community Mental Health Action Plan. This work wouldn’t happen without you!