Trauma Informed Care (Virtual) – Discount Code Living23
Edmonton and area participants enter discount code Living23 during checkout on the provider’s website.
This two-day introductory training acknowledges the prevalence and significant impact of trauma in an individual’s life and aims to inform service providers how to apply a trauma-informed lens to their current practice.
This workshop will define and describe the six main trauma-informed principles outlined in the literature and will
focus on how to translate these principles into practice.
By the end of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Define trauma and understand the different types of trauma
- Identify the signs and symptoms of trauma
- Understand the impacts and effects of trauma
- Define and understand trauma-informed practice
- Identify the main principles of trauma-informed practice
- Understand how to implement trauma-informed principles at the organizational, personal and practice level
- Reflect on how this knowledge fits into your current work
- Recognize the impact working with trauma can have on a practitioner and understand the importance of self-care and reflective practice